Parking and Transportation News
PTS Holiday Service Levels
Download and print the holiday brochure.
Use the Google Transit Planner to plan your trips during the holiday period.
U-M Transit Services: There will be NO BUS SERVICE on December 25 or January 1. Regular campus and UMHS bus service will be modified as follows:
- Commuter route service will run through December 23 and resume January 2.
- Northwood Express, Diag to Diag Express, and Oxford Loop routes will run through December 11 (the last day of classes) and resume on January 8 (the day classes resume).
- Northwood routes will run regular service through December 23 and will resume January 5. During season days:
- December 24, 26 - 31, and January 2-4 - Northwood buses will run every 40 minutes and will follow the Winter Break schedule.
- Bursley/Baits and Oxford Shuttle routes will run through December 23 and resume January 5.
- UMHS routes (Med Express, UMHS Intercampus and Research Link) will run through December 23 and resume regular service January 2.
- Dec. 24, 26-27, and 30-31: A special Parking Loop service will run between 6:20 AM and 6:00 PM (view the time tables) to and from the Mitchell Field and Fuller Road North lots, and to a stop on Ann Street between Zina Pitcher Place and Glen Avenue, to transport people parking at the Ann Street, Catherine Street, and Glen Avenue parking structures. It will not serve the Wall Street or North Ingalls Building stops.
- Regular Glazier Way parkers are encouraged to use the Ann Street, Catherine Street, or Glen Avenue parking structures with no permit required. There will be no service to Glazier Way or to the Crisler Center commuter lots December 24 through January 2.
- Paratransit Service: Regular service will be available through December 20 and will resume on January 2. Passengers who need the service between those dates may call Transit Services at 936-0472. All U-M buses are accessible.
Parking Enforcement will be suspended for permits and meter fees in all U-M parking areas except the Cancer Center (P1), Taubman South (P3), Simpson/Mott (P4) and Cardiovascular Center (P5) Parking Structures from 5:00 PM December 23 until 6:00 AM January 2. This does not apply to City of Ann Arbor parking areas.
- Orange Lots M75 and NC78 on Fuller Road will be available for parking December 24, 26-27, and 30-31, with special "Parking Loop" bus service to and from the Medical Campus, running every 10 minutes from 6:20 AM to 7:20 AM; every 20 minutes from 7:20 AM to 3:30 PM; then every 10 minutes 3:30 - 6:00 PM. The "Parking Loop" service will also serve a bus stop on Ann Street for those who would like to park in the Catherine Street, Ann Street, Glen Avenue and Palmer Drive Parking Structures.
- Medical Campus evening and night shift staff with non-AVI device permits (yellow and orange), who cannot be accommodated by the "Parking Loop" bus service, will be allowed to park at the Taubman North Structure (P2 only) during the holiday break (December 24 - January 1) Staff must exit via a visitor lane and show their parking permit to the attendant for free exit.
- Patient and visitor parking at the Cancer Center (P1), Taubman North (P2), Simpson/Mott (P4) and Cardiovascular Center (P5) Parking Structures will continue normal operation throughout the holiday season, except December 25 and January 1, when parking will be free. Patient and visitor parking at the Fletcher Street and Palmer Drive parking structures will be free December 23 - January 1).
Fleet Services will close at 4:00 pm Dec. 24 and reopen at 6:30 am January 2. Vehicles to be rented over the season day period will need to be picked-up prior to closing on December 24.
Service Stations - The Baxter Road service station will remain in service throughout the season day period. The Kipke Drive site will be accessible on a limited basis, as the gates for the SC10 Lot will be closed during non-operational hours.
The PTS Fleet Garage will close at 4:00 pm Dec. 24 and reopen at 7:00 am January 2. For vehicle emergencies at times when the garage is closed, please contact University Police (763-1131) and your call will be returned by a garage supervisor.
Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (AAATA): Visit www.theride.org for service changes during the holiday season.